*I added this post in afterwards, out of some bizarre completionist, hyperscrupulous impulse I don’t understand, to have my whole month of November filled. Why? No idea. A sensible person would’ve just said, “fuck it, so there’s a big gap in my nonexistent NaBloMoPo.” But I guess I’m unreasonable. So that’s why everything is in purple green.
- Children have a strong, pure instinct to love. This must be treasured. Protected and nurtured.
- Parenting is heartbreak, whether you do it right or do it wrong. You just break in different places.
- Time passes slowly in childhood because you aren’t able to tell time well. Nor do you care, much.
- Going to a new place always takes longer than returning from it.
- It always feels like it might be too late when in fact it might be best to do it now.
I think I have it. (I just made it up.) Symptoms are: restless surfing for information that 1) I could post on MOMocrats to persuade maybe one more voting person to vote Democratic. 2) Will reassure me that Obama-Biden will … Continue reading
In an email chitchat with some of the supafine MOMocrats ladies, we got to talking about cute things to buy and wear. And how this can cause guilt and internal dissension. I wrote: I totally struggle with my inner Crunchy … Continue reading
Love this website–some of us are so ready for the next president of the U.S., we’ve told him/her what we want done on January 21, 2009.
On Day One.
One of my favorite ideas: Eat the View, which was profiled in the green issue of the NYT.
The Emesis Fairy visited our house, in the guise of a mild stomach flu that took a 24-hour spin around the Unreliable Narrator’s gut before departing. (The kid’s immune system rocks! I mean, it sucks that he picked up the bug, but we got off sooooo easy this time in the greater scheme of things.)
It was miserable. The poor dear. And I got puked on too, inevitably. But I couldn’t help but notice the distinctive sounds of barfing. (If you think that’s bad, just let your mind wander to where else I’m taking notes as it happens. Yeah–there, and there. There too! Just shameless.)
Hope the Emesis Fairy stays far from your house.
i’ve been rescued from posting any more dull blahgity blah blah (so dull, i fell asleep in the middle of posting and had to continue when i woke up!) by bashirs_mom at Basenji Boy with this random meme tag.
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
so here goes:
i’ve been tagged by momisodes to make a glossary of me.
Rules: List a word that describes you for every letter of the alphabet. Offer as much or as little explanation as you wish. Please keep the words positive (for example, don’t use “fat” for F or “lame” for L), and feel free to get creative. Tag as many or as few people as you wish. Link back to your tagger and forward to your taggees.